Friday, October 31, 2008

Manatee is McCain/Palin Country?

I was at Walmart this afternoon and on the spur of the moment carried out a very informal survey. I decided to do a drive-through of the parking lot for totally unrelated reasons.

One of the first cars I passed had a McCain-Palin bumpersticker. I decided to forego my original reason for trollling the parking lot and looked for bumperstickers for either ticket.

The first thing I noticed while on my quest was that not many people have bumperstickers these days. I saw several for various schools (my kid is ... at [insert name of school]) and sports teams. I continued my project on the way home.

Since I was driving, and it was Friday evening rush hour, I couldn't look at every car on the road, so I may have missed some. Remember this was a very informal survey and has no scientific basis. There is some basis of fact though. I counted the number of bumperstickers that I did see and who they were for.

And here are the results (although you probably guessed it from the title of this post):

McCain/Palin: 5
Obama/Biden: 2
Nobama: 1

So there you are. Take my findings as you wish.

No comments: