Saturday, November 07, 2009
Friday, November 06, 2009
The Alternative Minimum Tax was created in 1969 to capture taxes from 155 families who were so rich and so skilled at using the many arcane provisions of the tax code that they paid little or no income taxes. But because Congress erred and failed to index the provision for inflation, as many as twenty-three to twenty-five million middle-class taxpayers have technically already lost eligibility for deductions for children, real estate, and state taxes, as well as other exemptions and deductions. Oops! Congress passes a legislative “patch” each year to keep the AMT from going into effect but still counts the projected income from this growing Congressional error against federal spending.
Thursday, November 05, 2009
- Increasing incentives for people to use health savings accounts
- Capping non-economic awards in medical malpractices cases
- Incentives for states to drive down premium costs
- Allowing health insurance to be sold across state lines
- No employer mandate
- No individual health insurance mandate
- It doesn't require insurers to cover pre-existing conditions
- Probably some abortion stuff that I could care less about
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
I received this in email and I have to agree! This insanity has to stop!! Where is Congress?? Where is Pelosi, Reid, and Murtha?
While I always agree that hunting is an ethical God given right, I think that I would have to agree with the author on this one... fox hunting in Colorado should be banned!
Please help ban fox hunting in Colorado ~
THIS MADNESS MUST STOP!!