Now that summer is here, I think I'll devote Saturday to a fun quiz for my readers. Here's the first:
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
2. How many states are there? (Don't laugh, some people don't know.)
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
4. What 6 colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?
5. What 2 letters don't appear on the telephone dial? (No cheating!)
6. What 2 numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?
7. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?
8. How many matches are in a standard pack?
9. On our flag, is the top stripe red or white?
10. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter-clockwise or clockwise?
12. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?
13. How many channels are on a VHF TV dial?
14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?
15. Which way do fans rotate?
16. Whose face is on a dime?
17. How many sides does a stop sign have?
18. Do books have even number pages on the right or left side?
19. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
22. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
23. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?
24. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
25. On which card is the card-maker's trademark?
26. On which side of a venetian blind is the cord or rod that adjusts the opening between the slats?
27. On the back of a one dollar bill, what is in the center?
28. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
29. How many curves are in a standard paper clip?
28. Does a carousel turn counter-clockwise or clockwise?
29. How many times does the number 1 appear on a “standard” PC keyboard?
Answers to this quiz will be posted next week. How about leaving your scores in comments? I think it would be fun. Have fun and good luck!