Thursday, June 07, 2007

New Shift?

With the rumors going around work, I'm curious as to who will be where by the end of the year.

One of my fellow CRO's said to me the other day that he wondered if we would be going to nights in December. I should have asked where that came from, but I was a bit stunned that the possibility even existed. Oh, I knew it existed but you know what I mean.

I have a concern that when the Youth Academy closes, the sergeant will be assigned to my shift. We know it will close. We just haven't heard when. The contract is up at the end of the month, so the word should be out by now. There "might" be an agreement to keep it open until the last group of kids leaves. I doubt it.

I had heard that the opposite rotation needed CRO's and our shift was going to have to give someone, or two, or three up. Gee....I wonder if they ever heard of "hiring" more people? I guess not, because I got a call yesterday from my former lieutenant who is now on that rotation asking if I would be interested in transferring over. I explained I'm happy where I am and would prefer not to change. I see no reason to change since I'm happy and there is nothing for me to gain. For one thing, it would mean working the holidays I now have off and still get comped for.

She then asked what my seniority was. Well, that's a bit complicated: my agency seniority says I have more seniority than just about, well, everyone. But on my shift, I'm the new girl on the block. Lt. J. said my lieutenant was going to make a general announcement offering the move to all the CRO's on our rotation. If there is someone who wants to go, then they'll have the opportunity. No one has said anything about wanting to go to the other rotation.

I'll probably be the first to go. And be assigned to Sgt. M's shift.

No comments: