Thursday, June 07, 2007

2000 Posts

Wow....I was going to post on something else, but when I saw this was number 2000, I just had to say something else.

It's been a pleasure being able to post here. I can offer my thoughts without fear of reprisal except from those who read them and disagree with my opinions. I can offer my opinions, whether they are unchangeable or change minute by minute. I can tell you that I think the IRS should be eliminated and replaced by a national sales tax or that my dogs are the best dogs in the world.

I can say that I think the Democratic Party is mostly full of whiners and complainers with no real, original thought among them. And I can also say that I think the Republican Party isn't much better. Is there any party that is perfect? I doubt it. Isn't it great to live in a country where I can say that without fear of arrest?

I'm unashamedly proud to be an American. I believe that the United States is the best country in the world, maybe even the universe, and know that, at least in this little corner of the world, I'm right. It's not perfect, but that's because we are human and we make and enforce the laws.

I love technology and think that the computer and the Internet are two of the greatest achievements in the history of mankind. I can't imagine what life would be without the computer. And the Internet has literary made it possible to communicate in real time with someone on the other side of the world. Yes, I know about the telephone, but the telephone now uses computers to transmit your voice from one place to another.

It was through the Internet that I met my husband. I still don't think that the Internet is the safest way to meet new people, but it worked for us. It was on this site just a few months ago I wrote of his passing. And it was on the Internet that I found the company I will use to scatter his ashes. I think he would approve.

A lot has happened in my lifetime, and a lot over just the last few years. When I think technology can't improve our lives anymore, something else comes up. I think of my grandparents who literally went from horse and buggy to the space age. Seeing the advancements made in their lifetimes, I know they would be amazed to find out what has happened since their deaths in the 70's. I really can't wait to see what's going to happen in the next few years.

Fasten your seatbelts....it's gonna be an interesting ride into the future.

No comments: