Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Update on What Next?

I related the events of Sunday in an earlier post. Today, I got the van to the repair shop. It was indeed the starter. They also found some other problems that need attention, and will also be able to repair the power window on the driver's side that suddenly fell on me on the way home one day recently. Strange. I seldom open that window, usually only at the ATM drive up. I still don't know why I opened it that day. But I guess fate decided to laugh at me a bit because I've had it so good for so long.

I also got into see a dentist. This is a new dentist and I think I will like going there. The offices are pleasant and clean and the staff friendly and professional. Like the van, I found my teeth need more attention that I suspected. I heard "root canal" and "crown" thrown around while the dentist was checking my teeth. To top it off, the breaks I've had should have caused considerable pain, but haven't, so I either have a high pain tolerance (I don't) or I may have nerve damage or dead nerves in my jaw. I have an appointment to have my teeth (what's left of them) cleaned on the 15th, so I'll find out just what the plan to save my teeth will be. And the big question: how much?

It's going to be expensive, I know that. Well, I want to save as much as I can, so I'll have to deal with it and come up with the money somehow. Well, I have a couple of ideas, so when I find out how much this will cost, I'll begin dealing with that.

That's what happens when you put things off.

No comments: