Saturday, October 16, 2004

Rambling Thoughts

I read or heard the other day that conservatives tend to see things in black and white, while liberals see many shades of gray. The problem is, when you see too many shades of gray, you can't see much of anything, much less the truth.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, the economy is better. Don't forget, when Bush took office, we were six months into a recession. The dot.com bubble had burst, and nine months after he was sworn in, the World Trade Center was attacked. Along with those towers, businesses crumbled, some were destroyed, others badly hurt. Jobs were lost along with those businesses and nearly 3,000 lives. Bush brought us back. Not Kerry. Not Edwards. Not the Democrats.

And also, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, it is all about character and who has it and who doesn't.

On the debates: anyone who needs the debates, especially the third presidential debate, to decide who they are going to vote for, probably shouldn't be voting in the first place. Unless you've just awakened from a coma or come out from under a rock, you've been exposed to plenty since the primaries to have made a decision. Or maybe you can't think for yourself and need to be told who to vote for. In that case, you'll vote for the Democrat. They will be happy to tell you how to vote, and how to live your life and how to spend your money because they believe you are simply too stupid to breath without their help.

On Mary Cheney being brought into the debates. It's been no secret that Mary is a lesbian. Who cares? It's her business. I don't blame her parents for being incensed. The only reason I can see for it to be brought out this way is to make points with fundamental Christians who can't tolerate someone who's "different." I expect to hear more about cocaine use at Camp David and the President's alcohol abuse 25 years ago before the end of it all. The Democrats will stop at nothing to take the White House and Congress back.

Union thugs. I've already said enough. If I haven't made myself clear by now, I never will.

Coalition forces bombing churches and hospitals in Fallujah: about time! Point 1: Terrorists have no compunction about using these buildings to hide out in, so they are fair game. Point 2: Anyone not involved in terrorism and are in the buildings and have the sense God gave little green apples should get out. Hospital staff have a responsibility to remove either patients or terrorists. Point 3: news bias again. The headlines I read reported bombing the buildings, but if you read the article, the bombs fell near the buildings. Big difference.

I can't wait until the election is over. I'm very concerned that people who have no understanding of real life will vote and put Kerry and Teresa into the White House. And this terrifies me.

Have I made myself clear on how I think? Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

And now, I'm going to cheer myself up by playing with my puppy. Since it's so nice out, I might even go and tackle those weeds outside.

No comments: