Thursday, August 12, 2004

Hello, Charley!
Found another little gem at The Morning Magazine today. It's a NOAA satellite feed which shows weather activity in the Atlantic, Caribbean, and Gulf of Mexico. It's kinda cool watching the storms movements. Charley appears to have taken that northern turn over Cuba. We should start getting feeder bands of rain in the next few hours.
Lovely way to spend my (birthday) day off.
There is one benefit of having a hurricane pass by on the day after your birthday. I was going to take Friday off, but the county is telling non-essential personnel (yay! I'm non-essential! What a boost to my ego! hey, wait! Being non-essential means I don't have to drive to work in a hurricane and stay there until it's over. Gotta rethink that ego thing. Yes. It's good to be non-essential!) to stay home on Friday. So instead of burning my birthday holiday, I'll hold on to it and use it another day.
My co-workers had a little party for me today. Really nice cake from Albertson's. I highly recommend their cakes. Beautifully decorated and the icing wasn't too sweet. The cake was decorated like a present with real ribbon and a big red bow on it. Tina also gave me a bag of Dove chocolate! Yummy! Thanks Tina! And also thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday.
On the way home, Dale (who had to use my van today, hence he had to pick me up) and I stopped at Kojak's Ribhouse in Palmetto. I had been wanting to try it out. They've only been open for, what? two years? Something like that, and I pass it everyday. I highly recommend Kojak's. I had the rib dinner with fries and applesauce. The ribs were so tender, they almost fell off the bone. And the best part! After I had ordered, I noticed the sign which gave the specials also said something to the effect of: free birthday dinner on us!! Free dinner? I like free! And it is my birthday! So, after showing ID, I got my dinner free! Cool! Thanks, Kojak's! A good dinner, and free. Can't beat that with a stick!

No comments: