Saturday, October 09, 2004

Rambling around the Blogosphere

**Got this link from Michelle Malkin. Bill Whittle of Eject!Eject!Eject! wrote a long, but very good article that is well worth the read.

**Want to help the children of Beslan, Russia? Here's a link.

**From Jonah Goldberg. Another must read.

**Tell the truth: who would you prefer to be First Lady? Remember, the word is "lady". Link thanks to the Talkmaster Neal Boortz.

**A few bloggers have been talking about bumper-sticker madness. That's where cars displaying Bush bumper-stickers are being keyed. Beth at She Who Will Be Obeyed! told of her own experience. I don't display any stickers on my car. If I do have one, it's taped so that I can remove it without leaving sticky, gooey residue. Bumper-sticker madness is just one of the reasons. And it pains me that I feel I can't display my support without fear of someone retaliating against me. It's so juvenile. Is this the mind-set of our country today? I don't like your opinion so I'll show you by keying your car, or cutting you off in traffic or flipping you off or something else. I wrote a day or so ago about groups of people storming Bush campaign offices. It's just another form of bumper-sticker madness. Yes, it's worse than being cut off in traffic, but both acts inspire fear. It's a bullying tactic. And shame on those who behave that way. I have a hard time believing that rational, adult, logical thinking people are behind these acts.

Oh...wait...they're probably Democrats. Well, that 'splains it all.

** This is what my ballot will look like. Think anyone will have problems with it?

No comments: