Sunday, June 13, 2004

Stanley Cup

I don't follow hockey, I live in Florida, for Pete's sake. I didn't watch hockey for the three years I lived north of the Mason Dixon line and hockey was popular. The only thing skimming across ice in Florida should be a slice of lemon floating in sweet ice tea..hmmmm--good!

Anyway. The Tampa Bay Lightning has won the Stanley Cup. I won't be one of those who jumps on the bandwagon saying, "I knew it all the time." "Go Bolts!" and so on. I can be a hypocrite about some things, such as when the Buccaneers won the Super Bowl, but I actually do watch football occasionally.

First ice hockey in Florida, and now the Stanley Cup comes to Florida.

I think I've seen it all.

2 comments:

r said...

Hi Deborah! I saw your site on my site meter and clicked on over for a visit.

I looked around and like your blogging :)

I had to giggle when I saw this post. It made me think of watching the 2002 Winter Olympics. We were living in southwest Missouri at the time. Our third daughter became enthralled with the Half Pipe competition. She determined then and there to begin practicing so as to make her own Olympic appearance some day. Alas, her dreams were dashed when I explained that we lived in southwest Missouri, not exactly the mecca of snowboarding or skiing. The funny thing is, we recently moved to Utah-"The Greatest Snow on Earth" is here, so guess who might get her wish after all?

Have fun with hockey in Florida (still giggling).

And nice to meet you :)
Rae

total said...

I follow hockey a lot. And the blots were a awesome team this year. I live in St. Louis and the Blues have never won the cup. I also went to school at the University of Tampa, so I loved that they won it. BUt I am still waing for the St. Louis Blues to win it sometime. And my riend had Tampa Bay in the Stanley Cup and won $850. So that is another good reason that Iliked the Lightning winning the cup.
I like your blog also. I'll have to put you on my link list.