Wednesday, June 16, 2004

The Right to Know

You know, I completely believe in "the people's right" to know. I don't want the government or anyone else not telling me things, or telling me it's for my own good or, let us worry about it. When I hear either of the last two, for about two seconds feel like a child being patted on the head and told to go play.

But. I also believe that there are things that the public doesn't need to know. Such as the location of Cheney's bunker. If I can read it's location in Time Magazine (or on the Internet), so can anyone with a grudge against Cheney or the government, up to and including Al-Queda.

So now that the secret is out, what do you think the government will do now? Continue to use that bunker? After all, we've spent millions of taxpayers dollars building it, don't we have to keep using it? No, Cheney will be spending his time at another installation until yet another (secret until Time finds out where it is) bunker is built for him. Costing more millions of taxpayer dollars.

Okay. Here's a question: How did Time find out where it was? It's supposed to be a secret location. Who let the location out of the bag to Time? I probably missed the answer to that, I have a bad habit of skimming news stories and sometimes miss key facts, but I know that I don't know the answer.

Can someone be investigated for revealing state secrets? Can the taxpayers sue Time for the money spent on the two bunkers?

1 comment:

total said...

I think whoever told Time about wherer the secret location was at should be charged with treason. They should have never told anyone about that location