Thursday, November 27, 2003

Thanksgiving

Dale and I had Thanksgiving dinner with our friends Tina and Tony. Normally, we have dinner with my brother and his wife, but they went to Key West to be with her mother. We were at loose ends and Tina invited us. We had a wonderful time and thanks again, T&T!

Thanksgiving is a time of just that....giving thanks. I give my thanks to God who gave me my husband, my brother and his wife and their kids, my in-laws, all my friends, my job and everything else in my life. I know there are people who don't believe in God, and I respect that. But, I feel sorry for them, because they have nothing greater than themselves to believe in.

If life, what I'm living now, is all there is, it's going to be a huge disappointment to me. I've been told all my life that in the afterlife I will be with my Lord and I will see my parents and grandparents and all those who went before me. My faith tells me this is true. Do I have any proof of the afterlife? No, but that's what faith is - believing in something without proof.

I have never been to Africa, but I believe it exists. Yes, I've seen photographs of Africa, I've seen film taken from space shuttles showing the continent of Africa, and I've seen movies filmed in Africa. Is this really, truly, honestly proof that Africa exists? No. Until I see Africa with my own two eyes, I have to believe, I have to have faith, that it exists.

No matter why you consider this a special day, I hope it was a wonderful day for you, spent with people you love and care for around you.

I did.

No comments: