Thursday, November 20, 2003

Blogging and your Job -

I just read an article posted here at Blogger about how to blog without losing your job (something to that effect anyway). I don't have time at work to blog, I'm just too busy! Some government employees do actually work, you know :D

But, for discretion's sake, I don't intend to actually name where I work and if I do use a name in a story that might not be too complimentary, I'll use a pseudonym (change the name to protect the innocent - in this case my paycheck).

This is a public forum and any of my bosses could be reading this at any time (Boss, I swear I'm doing this on my own time-check the time and date stamp!). While there are times I can't wait for retirement, I do enjoy payday and I don't plan on losing my job because I was indiscreet.

Freedom of speech is one thing, but my bosses also have the right to disagree with me. It's just stupid to lose a job over an online journal such as this.

No comments: