Obama Charging Reporters for Election Night
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:13 PM
If you're a reporter interested in covering Barack Obama on election night, be sure to bring your wallet.
The Obama campaign is charging news organizations for access to the best camera and reporting positions at Obama's election night rally in Chicago's Grant Park.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the price list includes:
- Access to the media file center: $935 (includes power outlet, cable TV, Internet access and food).
- Access to the main riser with a view: $935 (includes power outlet).
- Access to the main riser with telecommunications equipment: $1,870 (includes power outlet, two phone lines and Internet access).
- Satellite truck parking: $900.
- Access for a radio reporter: $715.
Don't forget, he's one of us. He's anything but an elitist.