Saturday, November 12, 2005

Tornados

Wouldn't you know, I have the Wizard of Oz on while surfing the net and read that more tornados touched down in Iowa today prompting the evacuation of Stratford, a town about 23 miles northwest of Ames, due to tornado damage.

Fans waiting for the start of the Iowa State/University of Colorado football game were moved to Hilton Coliseum as tornado warning sirens sounded.

My cousin Buddie lives in Iowa, but I'm not sure where he is in relation to the areas affected by the tornadoes. I have email out to him to see if he and his family are alright. In the meantime, Buddie, if you read this, please leave a comment that you are okay or email me, please.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Update: I heard from Cousin Buddie and he and his family are fine. I had no idea where he was in relation to the Iowa tornadoes, but apparently they are across the state from there. So all is well in our family, tornado wise.

No comments: