Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Humane Society of Southeastern Mississippi

I don't know what much of this is true, and how much is misunderstanding or even something else altogether. I post and leave it up to you, my faithful reader to make a decision and do as you see fit. From email:

Project Halo has left behind a warehouse full of food and supplies in Gulfport for the people who are in dire need of these items inorder to take care of their pets.

THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI HAS CONFISCATED THESE SUPPLIES. THEY WILL NOT RELEASE TO THE PUBLIC, in fact they are selling some of these items that were meant to be given away for free.

PLEASE CALL TARA HIGH OF HSSM AT 228-863-4394 AND ASK THAT SHE RELEASE THE SUPPLIES TO THE PUBLIC AS PLANNED

I received this in email, and we all know how reliable email can be on some issues. However, I have some faith in the sender and believe that this person would not send on email knowing it to be untrue. The sender also has factual knowledge of things not indicated in this post that lends credence to the story.

I posted this hoping that someone knows the truth. If it is true, that these were goods donated to be used by pet/animal owners and that HSSM is selling donated goods, then it is my opinion that something is wrong in Mississippi. If anyone knows the truth behind this, please let me know. I don't want to cast aspirsions on HSSM or to propogate incorrect information.

Update: sent via email: I found out that this was very much untrue what I sent out on the 7th. They are still giving out supplies to the public as planned. They are trying to sell some of the supplies but if someone in need asks they will give it to them with no questions asked. I apologize for forwarding something that was not the truth.

No comments: