Saturday, August 06, 2005

Whooooo Hoooo!!! Part II

I got The Fair Tax book from Barnes and Noble on Thursday. I've begun to read it and have already learned a couple of things I didn't know or didn't understand. So far, it's just as interesting and informative as I thought it would be. I think that I'm fairly well versed on the Fair Tax, but I knew there was a lot I didn't understand.

For instance, I finally learned the difference between an inclusive (tax is added to the cost before getting to the register) and and exclusive tax (tax is added at the register) and how it is applied in a consumption tax. Don't worry, I'm not going into it here. That's for another post.

If you are interested in the subject of tax reform, and I think we can all agree that the current system needs to be overhauled at the very least, please do some reading and investigating. This book is a good place to start. It's an easy read, entertaining, and informative.

The Fair Tax isn't perfect, but it's better than any other plan out there now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that dog is so cute and my dog looks just like that