Saturday, August 06, 2005

Happy Birthday, Big Brother!

My brother's birthday was yesterday. He's ten years older, almost a foot taller, and I sometimes call him my "little brother" in jest. Not much of a joke, but it amuses me.

I called him yesterday, but left voice mail because he was unavailable, according to his message. He called back last evening and we got caught up on family events. He's gonna be a granddaddy again in September and December. His oldest son has two boys (Matthew and Christian) and married a girl with four and one on the way (a boy to be named John Alexander). His second son has two (Benjamin and Nicholas), his stepson has one (Grady), and his daughter is expecting a boy in September (no name yet. Update: Baby to be named Andrew after his daddy). It's times like this I'm sort of happy they all (but the second son) live elsewhere at Christmas time :D When we get the Fair Tax passed, I'll be able to afford Christmas with the Next Generation.

Sis-in-law's birthday is today and mine is next Friday (the 12th). We're hoping to get together to celebrate the birthdays, but with school starting (Sis-in-law is a kindergarten teacher - God Bless her! and Big Brother is in Administration at the School Board) the next couple of weeks might be difficult.

Whether we get together or not, Happy Birthday, Big Brother and Sis-in-law! I love you both!

No comments: