Thursday, November 04, 2004

Vacation!

I'm on vacation as of 4:00 pm yesterday afternoon. Hubby is at the doctor's as I write this finding out whether our vacation plans will remain or will be changed. Pop-in-Law has very generously paid for us to accompany him and sis-in-law on a seven-day, six night Caribbean cruise starting Sunday, so I'm hoping that we get good news. I really see no reason why we can't go, there would just be some inconvenience what with doing intravenous antibiotics twice a day and wound vac dressing changes three times a week, but it can be done. The doctors have been working hard to get him to where we can go, but until I heard it's a go, I'm just gonna wait.

If we can't go, I've already made plans for what we will do for the next two weeks. Mostly work around the house, but also a mid-week trip to Busch Gardens. I've lived in Bradenton for 22 years and have never been to the Gardens. I know, it's almost criminal, but I work for a living, and it's not been a big priority. It's an old saw heard from tourists: "What?! You live here and you've never been to (name that location)?" Another is "You live in Florida and have no tan?" I work for a living so I can't spend my days on the beach. Not that I like the beach that much anyway (more near-criminal thinking). We have season passes this year and have until the end of the year to use them. I refuse to lose the opportunity, so we'll be going sometime soon.

I'm not getting my hopes up, just in case. But, keep your fingers crossed!

Update: Good news! We're going! Hubby is off the IV and on oral meds and is off the wound vac for the duration of the vacation. Yay!!!

No comments: