Thursday, November 04, 2004

How About Some Cheese with that Whine?

I did something I seldom do this evening. I watched CNN, specifically Paula Zahn. The premise of the show tonight was to determine why John Kerry lost the election. I didn't keep track, but I believe there were three Democrats on the show and one Republican. Doesn't matter how many or which ones, I heard the same from all the Dems: basically, it's Bush's fault. Kerry fought a great campaign and if the mean Republicans had just played fair, Kerry would have won. Good grief! The election is over. Why can't they admit that for whatever reason (and there are many) Kerry just didn't pull in enough votes?

Each was asked whether Bush got a "mandate" or not. Each one said (I'm paraphrasing here), "of course not. 54 million may have voted for him, but 52 million voted against him." Hmmm....voted against him. That sounds to me like even the Dems agree that Kerry just didn't have it, that instead of voting for Kerry, they were voting against Bush (the anybody but Bush mantra).

Each was asked who needs to be "reaching across the aisle" and each one said it should be Bush doing the reaching. Uh, maybe I'm stupid, but, why should he? Seems to me that since the Republicans have the White House, the Senate, and the House, maybe it's time for the Dems to do some fence mending. It doesn't matter who's "right" and who's "wrong", it's time to put America first. It's time to act like grown-ups and do what's right for America instead of asking "what's in it for my party?"

Paula also had a segment of people whining about Kerry losing. One man said he was moving, but "it won't be to a Red state." Well, as a resident of a Red state, I say, Thanks! We have enough sniveling whiners already living here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! You made me LOL.

Sissy Willis
http://sisu.typepad.com