Sunday, August 22, 2004

DUHHHH!!

Can we say "stupid"? Look in the dictionary under "stupid" and you'll see my picture. I am the Queen of all that is Stupid. In fact, we were talking at work the other day about how we all make stupid mistakes. I pointed to myself and proclaimed myself the Queen of all that is Stupid. Well, I've just proved it.

Unless I am exceedingly lucky, and not really the Queen of all that is Stupid after all, my entire blog will look different. That is not the stupid part. I was noodling around on the template page and saw a look that I liked, so, I clicked on it, and changed the template. Even that is not the stupid part. I even read the little dialog box that said or words to this effect, if you choose to change your template, you may lose any customizations you have made. This is the stupid part - I never considered my side bar. It's all customized! And I can't go back to my previous template without losing everything anyway. So....I managed to save all, or at least most of my links that were in the sidebar, so it won't be as big a chore to re-create the sidebar. Just a royal pain in the patooty!

If, when I finally get everything back on my sidebar, I manage to lose the link to your site, and you know it was there, please forgive me. I don't mean to leave anyone off. I'm just having a stupid day.

Sigh....like I don't have enough of them as it is!
Update:
I have the original template back, but did lose my sidebar. I've managed to update most of it, and found a couple of new things to put in. Still more work to do, but I'd say it's 75% fixed. Still can't believe how stupid I was.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Thanks for the great idea! I've got most of my links in bookmarks, but seeing the template will help even more.