Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Good News for Me

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Just a get acquainted visit with a new doctor prior to scheduling physicals and so on. Of course, I was weighed, which I always hate, because I've usually gained a few pounds more than I expect. Well, the surprise is that I've lost 14 pounds since I weighed in at Curves last month! Yee-Haw! Found my blood pressure was up a bit, but the doctor wants me to limit salt intake; thinks that should do the trick. Hope so, I don't want to have to start medication. High blood pressure runs in my family, so I wasn't surprised, what with my weight being up and all.

I wasn't sure about the weight loss, so when I worked out, I weighed in first. That scale showed a loss of 4 pounds. I haven't completely trusted it from the beginning. We were told it shows three pounds heavy anyway. In any case, we're talking about a seven pound difference from one scale to the next. That's a big difference.

We have a scale at work in the nurse's office, so, I think I'll weigh in on it and see what it shows. Since I have everyday access, although I won't weight myself everyday, I might use it as my base.

Anyway. I was happy to see any loss.
Update: I went to the nurse's office today and weighed in. The nurses assured me that their scale is correct. Well. I weighed in four pounds heavier, not 14 or even pounds lighter. So, I don't know which to believe. -sigh- I think I'll go with the doctor's. It makes me feel better and my clothes are looser. Yes. That's what I'll do.
Update II: For anyone who might be interested, I got the results of my blood tests back in record time. Tests were done on Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon, a message was on my answering machine telling me everything is "normal." Glad it's "normal" but what really is normal? I guess I'm not diabetic, my cholesterol and triglycerides are okay. My blood pressure is a little high, but cutting back on the salt and losing weight will probably bring it down. Now it's time for the rest of the physical. ::sigh:: She also wants to do a colonoscopy and a mammogram. What fun is in store for me!

No comments: