Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Suggestion

Let me make a suggestion. When you've lost a loved one, and are making arrangements, have a notepad with you and make notes.

I went to the funeral home yesterday to pay for the services for my husband. I found out they do not take credit cards, only cash or checks. Who carries cash in the thousands? And I had forgotten my checkbook. I was a bit embarrassed when the funeral director said, "I told you only cash or check." I'm sure he did, but my mind wasn't functioning as well on Friday as it was today. Not that I'm functioning at 100% yet, but definitely better than within 24 hours of my husband's death.

So, I'll be going back today with a check.

2 comments:

Sissy Willis said...

God bless you. I don' know how to comfort . . . That it happened so quickly, a blessing for him, perhaps, but for you?

Kitten said...

Sissy, thank you for stopping by. No need to wonder how to comfort, the thought is much appreciated.

It was quick indeed. And a blessing that he didn't suffer. And for me, too, that I didn't have to watch him suffer.