Thursday, November 24, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThe Turkey That Shot Out Of The Oven Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The turkey shot out of the oven
And rocketed into the air:
It knocked every plate off the table.
And partly demolished a chair.

It ricocheted into a corner.
And burst with a deafening boom:
Then splattered all over the kitchen.
Completely obscuring the room.

It stuck to the walls and the windows.
It totally coated the floor:
There was turkey attached to the ceiling
Where there's never been turkey before.

It blanketed every appliance.
It smeared every saucer and bowl:
There wasn't a way I could stop it.
That turkey was out of control.

I scraped and I scrubbed with displeasure.
And thought with chagrin as I mopped.
That I'd never again stuff a turkey.
With popcorn that hadn't been popped!

No comments: