Saturday, May 07, 2005

Saturday Ramblings

Found a great post over at Vagabondia on how Social Security is nothing more than a Ponzi scheme; something I've been saying since I figured it out myself. I know the schools in the country aren't big on teaching about the "real world" but one would think that even public school educated people could figure this out (I did!) Thanks to A Cool Change for the link!

And speaking of Social Security, Blogs for Bush just educated me to the fact that other countries have Personal Retirement Accounts - Australia, Sweden, Chile, and Britain.

Blogs for Bush also reminded me that I wanted to say that I can't believe a person of Senator Harry Reid's postion would stoop so low as to call the President a "loser." For some reason, I thought he had graduated from high school. Since he is obviously a great deal older than high school age, he should have the maturity to apologize for such juvenile behavior. If I lived in Nevada, I'd be looking for someone to replace him. And before anyone says I wouldn't say that if he were a Republican, think again. Immature, juvenile behavior is always wrong no matter what your party affliation. Especially in a person in a leadership position. It's just sad that some people have to resort to name calling.

No Man Is An Island - excellent post from Sunnye at Sunnye Side. We all need to be reminded that although independence is a grand idea, we are our brother's keeper.

No more wrting for this evening Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is on. Laters!

No comments: