Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Laura Bush Doing Stand Up

You know, I must really be naive, but I didn't see anything "risque" about Laura's joke about George trying to milk a horse. I thought it was funny. Maybe because I knew it was just a joke. Maybe because I knew the left would say, "See? He's so stupid he doesn't know the difference between a horse and a cow!" And just maybe it was because he was new to ranching?

Maybe it's because I remembered an old military joke. A soldier was being assigned to a clerical position. The soldier, not wanting to be a desk jockey, decided that he would do as poorly as he could and he'd be reassigned to his former position (don't remember what it was, just that it wasn't a desk job). So, when he was told to type a letter, he made as many mistakes as he possibly could. Typos, misspelled words, poor grammar, coffee stains, smudged corrections, and so on. His sergeant looked the letter over and declared that he would do. The soldier couldn't believe it and said he knew he made a lot of mistakes and wondered why he was being kept on. The sergeant looked at him and said, "At least you knew which one was the typewriter. The last guy we had tried to type a letter on the adding machine."

Maybe George just didn't want to get stuck with milking the cows?

I've seen it said that the Chippendale joke was beneath Laura; she and Lynne Cheney are too classy to go to a strip club. Well, duh! That's what made it funny for me.

I want to be like Laura when I grow up.

Here's a link to the transcript.

No comments: