Monday, December 01, 2003

BRRRRRR!

Someone turned the air conditioning to cold!

It's turned chilly here in Florida. I know that 40 and 50 degree weather at night probably doesn't seem very cool to you, but we Floridians feel the chill! It think it was Friday that the overnight temperature was around 45 degrees. It's good for the orange trees (cold snaps make the oranges sweeter), but chilly for those of us who are no longer used to the cold temperatures of the north.

I noticed a time and temperature sign on the way home from work this evening. At 5 pm the temperature was 69 degrees. Okay.....I know that's not cold to you, but it's chilly to us.

I'm about as close to a native Floridian as you'll find. I've lived here all but seven years of my life and three of those were as an adult. While I will never say that I will not live in snow country again, I will say I doubt that will happen. I like ice in my soda and snow on TV shows and movies. I didn't really mind the snow, ice, and cold when I lived in Kansas; it was supposed to be cold in the winter. The snow and ice were part of the package. But, this is Florida, dad-gummit!

I do like to open the house when it's cool and breezy. The air is so nice and clean and makes the house smell nice too. I think the perfect climate would be 50's at night and a breezy 70's during the day. I'll even allow it to drop occassionally into the 40's for the oranges and strawberries, and into the lower 80's around the 4th of July.

Sounds like a piece of heaven to me!

No comments: