Friday, November 14, 2003

About Me

I said that I would tell you something about myself. So here it is.

I live in west central Florida and work as a secretary in a juvenile facility. I won't identify any of the kids (it's against state law and my own ethics) but I might tell the occasional story - without any identification, of course. I don't pretend to be an expert on juvenile behavior, but I've developed some opinions and some theories.

I'm married to Dale. We have no children, but we do have two furry felines that we call our kids. Dale is diabetic and disabled due to several amputations and poor circulation.

Our "kids" are Dollie and Oliver. Dollie is part Maine coon cat and part spawn of Satan. When she was a kitten, she was known as the Kitten from Hell. I'm not quite sure what Oliver is (aside from being a cat, of course). He's a short-haired gray with white socks. Oliver tries to be the alpha cat by intimidating Dollie, but she only lets him get away with it for so long. Then, he turns tail and runs. He's such a wuss. I'll tell you about how they met another time.

My age? I've said I was on the design team for dirt. I might not really be that old, but I can remember when TV was black and white and you could get only 3 channels. I remember when Kennedy (both of them) was assassinated. And I remember seeing Polaris missiles traveling by train south of Miami during the Cuban Missile crisis.

I prefer country music but I also like Big Band and some classical music. I like comedy in my movies but if I come out feeling good, it doesn't have to be a comedy. I started out fairly liberal, but I grew up, got a job, and found out what it's like in the real world. I'm still figuring out where I stand on some things and I might change my mind more than once before I finally have it figured out. I have some liberal tendencies, but am becoming more and more conservative as I get older. I am a registered Independent only because I have to register with a party affiliation. I'm leaning toward Libertarian, but not quite yet.

I hate credit cards and how easy it is to get them. I hate that we live in a credit-loving society that encourages getting into debt. Been there...paying for it now. As passionate as some people are about gun control and abortion I am about credit cards.

I am Yankee by birth, but Southern by heritage, geographical preference, and choice.

I think that's enough for now. Got to save something for later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola! I've been reading your weblog for some time now and
finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout
out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic job!


Visit my web blog - male enhan