Thursday, November 13, 2003

This is the beginning of a new chapter in my life. My first blog!

I must insert a qualifier before I go any further. What I write on these pages is my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion as are you. However, this is my blog and I reserve the right to say what I think at any point in time. If you don't agree, get your own blog! I respect your right to have an opinion, I just don't have to agree with it, nor do you have to agree with mine. All I ask is that you be courteous and polite when you email me to tell me what an idiot you think I am. I respond much better to courtesy than I do offensive behavior or language. If I offend you, and you feel that you have to use offensive language, I would prefer that you just take your business elsewhere. After all, you aren't paying for this, you are here at my invitation.

I am big on courtesy. I don't think there is enough of it in the world. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that anyone should just roll over and do what someone else wants (unless you want to). What I do think is that more "please" and "thank you" would not be a bad thing in this world. And less of "what's in it for me?" would also be good.

Today is sort of to set my boundaries. My opinions may change from day to day or even moment to moment. After all, I am a woman and I reserve the right to change my mind! My opinions are subject to change because I may receive more information that causes me to revise my prior thought process on the subject.

On the other hand, I can be stubborn and may not be willing to change my mind regardless of the information I get.

And although I am not blonde and not a senior citizen, I was born blonde and am not a teenager. I am subject to moments of having either or both "blonde moments" or "senior moments." You choose the description you prefer.

And if you are offended by my blonde and senior comments, get over it! I don't deliberately offend, but I am not PC by any means either.

In the future, I'll tell you something about myself, my family, friends, and probably more than you ever wanted to know about me and my world.

That said, I hope that we can be friends and have a mutually pleasant and entertaining exchange of opinions, thoughts, and musings.




No comments: