Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hillary's Campaign Imploding?

I have no idea what will happen in today's New Hampshire primary or in the future. I don't pretend to be able to see two minutes into the future, much less hours, days, or years. At this point in time, it appears that Hillary isn't doing well in her campaign to become the first woman POTUS. She lost big in Iowa, and the polls seem to indicate that she is not going to do well in NH.

It's bad enough that reports are that Bill is calling in Paul Begala and James Carville to take over the campaign. How well this will go over with Hillary, I don't know. Some supposedly in the know say she's not going to take any changes well, if at all. We don't even know at this time whether it's true or not. When asked, Begala denied it. I haven't heard anything about Carville.

I've said all along that I didn't believe that she would win the White House. I don't believe that America is ready for a woman president - any woman. That doesn't mean a woman can't do it, it doesn't mean that Hillary can't. It simply means that I believe that we will have to elect a woman as Vice President first. When we can accept a woman as VP, we will be able to elect a woman President. It's simply a matter of progression - and acceptance. We've already broken the glass ceiling with two women as Secretary of State. Now Hillary is running for president. We're getting there. I just don't believe we're there yet.

I hope to soon see the day when a women is elected POTUS. But, I don't want to see just any woman elected; I want to see a woman who is fully capable and who has the backing of the country. I don't see Hillary filling my requirements. Perhaps Chelsea in twenty years.

I don't think it's Hillary's time. Not today.

Update: Newsmax reports that Carville is also denying that he will be taking over Hillary's campaign:

Carville Denies Joining Hillary Team
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:02 PM

By: Newsmax Staff

Democratic strategist James Carville has emphatically denied a Fox News report asserting that he is joining Hillary Clinton presidential campaign team.

A report filed midday Tuesday by Major Garrett on Fox stated: “It’s back to the future at Hillary Clinton’s campaign as some of the top advisers to former President Clinton are set to join Hillary’s faltering campaign as early as tomorrow.

“Senior Clinton sources tell Fox that Hillary intends to bring in as top day-to-day advisers James Carville and Paul Begala. The campaign could also add other strategists from Clinton’s presidential years, but Carville and Begala are the biggest names and are set to join the campaign after a post-New Hampshire strategy meeting tomorrow.”

But blogger Greg Sargent, writing on the site TPM Election Central, says that when he called Carville on his cell phone, Carville told him:

"Fox was, is and will continue to be an asinine and ignorant network. I have not spoken to anyone in the Clinton campaign about this. I have not done domestic political consulting since President Clinton was elected. I'm not getting back into domestic political consulting. If I do go back, it would be safe to say that I'm the biggest liar in America."

Asked if he knew if Begala would join Hillary’s team, Carville responded: "To the extent that I know anything, as of nine this morning, no he is not."

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

No comments: