Thursday, June 21, 2007

I've Been Moved

Well, it's finally happened, after three months I've been moved to another pod. But, the funny thing is, I'm back at the pod I left in February. I was told I'd be going to a larger pod, but I'm back at the old stand. Another CRO told me she was told I would be training with her so I could work in her assignment when she went on vacation in July. This still could happen. Anything could happen!

I'm not upset to be back were I spent so much time. It's quieter that the one I've been in. Much quieter. This pod is nicknamed "Thunderdome" because of the noise made by the younger, more boistrous males housed here. Yes, it lives up to it's name, but it's also quieter in than there is less coming and going - or at least so it seems. In 2, it seemed like someone was in and out the door all the time - clergy, nurses, inmates going to and from court, GED, Medical, video court, advisory and so forth. Pod stewards coming in and leaving three times a days. Staff, attorneys, and other "official" visitors. Then, of course, there are the scheduled visitors five times during my shift. This pod generally has about 180 inmates - sometimes more, sometimes less. The new pod has around 130 inmate right now, very low for it's capacity (which in some ways is good).

Maybe it's because there are fewer inmates. The same things happen in every pod, but there doesn't seem to be as much movement. It's generally quieter and for me, that's a good thing.

No comments: