Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Subject: THIS WAS IN A TAMPA NEWSPAPER

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it! All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?

I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't celebrated by everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings.

It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?

We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that. This says it all!

This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa, FL Newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However...... the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct!" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to ! America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans...... we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women.......on Christian principles............. founded this nation..... and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home.........because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so! But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping....... about our flag....... our pledge...... our national motto........or our way of life....I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other Great American Freedom....... THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This supposedly was printed in a Tampa newspaper, but since neither the author nor the newspaer were identified, I have doubts. If anyone knows who the author is, I'd like to give credit. I made a couple of changes (in style, no words), but had no intent to make any change in meaning. If I did, I apologize.

And on the subject of being Politically Correct, or Incorrect, as the case may be, there is a lot of talk about being patriotic or not. I am not about to accuse someone of being unpatriotic if that person doesn't agree with my viewpoint. America was founded on the right to have different opinions and the right to express those opinions.

Just because you and I don't agree, doesn't mean either of us is more, or less, patriotic than the other. We just have different opinions. I'm getting very tired of hearing politicians in particular, complaining that they are being accused of being unpatriotic because they have different opinions than the other side. Oh, they can complain all they want. And I have the right to be tired of hearing it. I have the right to change the channel or turn the page.

What we don't have the right to be is not offended. The Constitution guarantees a lot of things, but there is no guarantee to not be offended. I have the right to express that opinion, but it's part of living in a Republic such as ours that we have that right.

Grow up people. So what if you're offended because someone says "Merry Christmas". I've been wished a "Happy Hannukah". I'm not Jewish and I'm not offended by it. I am offended when someone says I "can't" say "Merry Christmas" because it offends them. Unless it is illegal, immoral, or unethical, leave me alone. We can have a discussion as to why you are offended, and if you have a logical reason for not wanting me to say, "Merry Christmas", I might say you have a point. I will then wish you a "Happy Holiday" "Season's Greetings" or whatever you wish. But I will continue to wish others a "Merry Christmas".

Don't tell me you're offended because I want immigrants and visitors to America to be here legally. Sorry, they are lawbreakers. I'm offended because they have so little regard for my country and the laws of my country that they think they have the right to live here illegally and I should accept it. No. That doesn't fly. Come legally and I will welcome you will open arms. I have to obey they laws and I expect you to do the same. I understand how dificult it can be to be here legally. I understand that most people who are here illegally are here because they want to either earn a better living than they can in their home country, or just because they want to be here for some other reason.

But don't tell me I shouldn't be offended that you think it's okay to break the law in my country. I am offended. And I don't care if I offend you by being offended.

Offended? Tough.

No comments: