Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket
USA Medal Count

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Star Spangled Banner as the National Anthem, but hearing it played when watching a gold medal winner on the stand just bursting with pride, well, I admit to feeling pretty proud myself.

There are other songs I feel would be better anthems, but, as I said, just hearing our anthem being played leaves a pretty good feeling, no matter what the song is. Maybe I'll post one day on songs I think would be better anthems. But I digress.

At this point, US athletes have won 7 medals; 5 gold and 2 silver.

Gold: Ted Ligety - Alpine skiing, Men's combined
Gold: Shaun White - Snowboarding - Halfpipe
Gold: Joey Cheek - Speed skating - 500m
Gold: Chad Hedrick - Speed skating - 5000m
Gold: Hannah Teter - Snowboarding - Halfpipe
Silver: Danny Kass - Snowboarding - Halfpipe
Silver: Gretchen Bleiler - Snowboarding - Halfpipe

Congratulations to these fine athletes!

For those who want to know what medals were won by other countries, click here.

No comments: