Thursday, February 16, 2006

Figure Skating

That's probably my favorite sport in the Olympics, both singles and pairs, followed by ice dancing. So elegant and so dynamic at the same time.

There's a new scoring system in place after the scandal four years ago. I have no idea how it works, and since I'm not a judge nor a skate, I really don't care. As long as politics remain out of it and each skater is judged on their ability and presentation, then I can accept whoever wins. Sure, I pull for the USA skaters, but, really, do you remember who won four years ago? I don't. I may remember skaters, but I couldn't begin to remember much more. I may love skating, but it's not something that I follow closely.

I've only ice skated once in my life. I did very well...then I got on the ice. I don't think I fell, but I spent my time hanging on to the fence for dear life! I'm glad that the commentators are there to tell me what I'm seeing. I watch and think that they are all absolutely fabulous. Unless they fall, and even then I think they're darn good!
Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: