Saturday, June 25, 2005

Summer Fun

Now that summer is here, I think I'll devote Saturday to a fun quiz for my readers. Here's the first:

1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?

2. How many states are there? (Don't laugh, some people don't know.)

3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?

4. What 6 colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?

5. What 2 letters don't appear on the telephone dial? (No cheating!)

6. What 2 numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?

7. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?

8. How many matches are in a standard pack?

9. On our flag, is the top stripe red or white?

10. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?

11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter-clockwise or clockwise?

12. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?

13. How many channels are on a VHF TV dial?

14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?

15. Which way do fans rotate?

16. Whose face is on a dime?

17. How many sides does a stop sign have?

18. Do books have even number pages on the right or left side?

19. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?

22. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?

23. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?

24. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?

25. On which card is the card-maker's trademark?

26. On which side of a venetian blind is the cord or rod that adjusts the opening between the slats?

27. On the back of a one dollar bill, what is in the center?

28. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?

29. How many curves are in a standard paper clip?

28. Does a carousel turn counter-clockwise or clockwise?

29. How many times does the number 1 appear on a “standard” PC keyboard?

Some of you might recognize these questions from Grouchy Old Cripple in Atlanta. Well, you would be partially right. He has a very similar quiz. I found this at Nupathz.com. I removed one question that was state specific and didn't feel it was fair to citizens of other states.

Answers to this quiz will be posted next week. How about leaving your scores in comments? I think it would be fun. Have fun and good luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title this post. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse art related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse art related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse art. Thank you and I wish you well .

Anonymous said...

Blogger GREAT title this post. I am actually looking for horse breeds related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other horse breeds related blogs. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Blogger GREAT title this post. I am actually looking for horse breeds related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other horse breeds related blogs. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title this post. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse breeds related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse breeds related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse breeds. Thank you and I wish you well .