Thursday, October 20, 2005

Day Off

I took today off. I usually don't take Thursday off. When I take a day off, it's usually Monday or Friday to make a three-day weekend. I decided to take today off because of gas prices. Today is my husband's day at the doctor in Sarasota.

Now, I work in North Manatee county. You can literally throw a stone into Hillsborough County from where I work. Because we have only one vehicle right now, he takes me to work, goes to his appointment, does any Walmart shopping he needs to do (it's on his way home from the doctor) and goes home. He then comes to get me from work and takes me home. Those two trips to take me to work total 64 miles. So with gas prices the way they are, I decided to try an experiement and eliminate those miles on his doctor appointment days. I have more than enough vacation time, so that's not an issue. His next appointment is in three weeks and I might do this again.

It might not make any real difference money wise, but I feel that will give at least one extra day before I have to fill up again. Like I said, it's an experiment. We'll see whether it's worth it or not.

I kind of think it's worth it if only because I have an extra day off. It would, of course, be better if his appointment was on Friday, but his doctor has appointments at the Wound Center only on Thursday.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Hi, BOW! Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll come by again.

I hadn't thought about the running time side (don't know that much about cars), so I suppose that I save about 2 hours running time in addition to the 64 miles.

I still don't know whether it's worth it or not, but it gets me a day off from work, so it must be good :D