Sunday, July 24, 2005

ICE It

I just read through Sunnyeside, that there is a campaign underway to have people put an entry into their cell phones for an emergency contact.

The idea is that emergency personnel, such as paramedics, could look through your cell phone to find your emergency contact. The contact could tell paramedics information they may not have. Information such as allergies to pennicillen or other medications or rare blood types is necessary for medical personnel to know. It can lead to identification of a person who is in shock or unconscious.

So many people carry cell phones now, it seems like a very good idea. You could put more than one contact in, such as ICE1, ICE2, ICE3, up to the number of people you want notified in the event of an emergency.

I seems like an excellent idea. I'll put my husband, brother, and work numbers in. My husband could list me and his father.

No comments: