Saturday, July 30, 2005

America's Missing Persons

I've posted the disappearances of two young women in recent posts. I intend to continue to do so. I realize I can't possibly post about every single person missing in the US. But I can and will do what I can when I can.

Natalee Holloway is the one most in the media's eye right now. Her situation is such that her family has the savvy (and possibly the money) to be able to make noise about her disappearance and keep her in the public eye. Latoyia Figeroa's family and friends don't have that ability. Unless they get out there (as they are doing) and make sure that the local media covers their efforts.

Perhaps one of the networks should start a program similar to Fox's America's Most Wanted for the missing. AMW has found thousands of criminals over the years. Could not a program dedicated to missing persons be as successful?

I would suggest that it be on a MSM network as opposed to cable because most people get the MSM stations and would so get the most exposure. I think Fox would be the logical network to run with this program since they already have success with AMW.

What do you, my faithful readers think? Is it time for such a program? Would it succeed?

No comments: