Tuesday, April 19, 2005

TV-Turnoff Week

April 25 to May 1 is the week that many people intend to turn off their TV's, Internet, and video games. I have no problem with video games, I could cut down (maybe) on TV, but turn off the Internet???

arrrrghhhh!!!

I feel a little better.

I turn the TV on while I'm getting ready for work in the morning. I turn the TV on (if it's not already on) when I get home at night. It goes off when I go to bed. but to be honest, I listen more than I watch. I grew up with Timmy, and Beaver, and Opie. (Hmmm....now that I think about it...where were the girls?). TV is a part of my pysche. It's my addiction. Weekends and days I'm home, I have news programs or movies on. I seldom watch network programming.

In the spirit of TV-Turn off Week, I'll cut down on my TV and Internet use, or at least try to. I have a lot of things I could get done instead of sitting in front of a computer monitor with the TV going a few feet away.

I might find an actual life.

No comments: