Monday, November 15, 2004

Future Cruises

Dale and I decided that if we ever cruise again, and I hope we do, we will invest in a couple of items to make life easier.

1. A motorized wheelchair. If you have pushed 400 pounds of wheelchair and man around, you will have an idea of why I want a motorized wheelchair. I need a vacation from the vacation!

2. Binoculars. If you're going to remain on ship while docked at a port-of-call, you will want binoculars to see more of the port.

3. Walkie-talkies. We could have spent more time with the other members of our party if we had known where they were, or Dale and I could have been apart more doing what we each wanted to do. I also spent a lot of time worrying about Dale walking around ship considering how shaky his balance is on solid land. Cell phones with this feature might work in some ports, but if you can't get your service connection, it won't work. The walkie-talkies I'm thinking of have a range of about 5 miles.

4. Make sure you pack the right charger for the digital camera! I though I grabbed the right one. It wasn't, so I had to be careful taking pictures. An extra battery would be even better. The battery finally died in Cozumel, so I didn't get pictures of that celebrity I mentioned in another post. Darn it!

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting right now, but those are the big ones. We learned a lot about cruising and will be better informed the next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know that travel is supposed to be broadening. We learn not only about exotic places but about ourselves, and you and Dale surely did that. Glad you had some time off to try something completely different. And you WERE missed.