Saturday, September 11, 2004

Wicktory Wednesday Comments

I found this comment in my Wicktory Wednesday post. It is word for word as posted with one exception: I bleeped the expletive. I don't like such language and won't allow it on my site. I also pay little attention to anyone who won't allow their identity to be known and rank them along side those who wear masks. If you are proud of what you are doing or saying, you should be proud enough to make your identity known. Another thing that irritates me is anyone who can't or won't capitalize the beginnings of sentences or proper nouns (not to mention that it drives Spell Check crazy). Then there is the name calling. I am happy that I only bleeped one word and was only called a "brain washed happy-go-lucky idiot". What doesn't bother me? The fact that this person has the right to think and say whatever he or she wants to think or say. We have a difference of opinion. And we both have the right to our opinions.

Who am I to say to say how the way things should be? I'm so glad you asked. I'm an American citizen. The Constitution guarantees me the right to say how I think things should be. It's called Freedom of Speech. Just because I say I think something doesn't mean anyone has to do it, but I do have the right to say it. It guarantees you the same right to use abusive language and to call me names; to believe the things you believe and to speak out on forums such as this. I also do a lot of reading and research. Just because I don't espouse Liberal ideals doesn't mean I'm uniformed.

Do you realize that since we freed the Afghani and Iraqi people (25,000,000 people) they now have the ability to use this same forum (blogging). Had they spoken out in any way against the Taliban or Saddam, they could have lost their lives. Now they have the chance to speak out and verbalize their beliefs, thoughts, and feelings. It's one of the reasons there is still fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. There are people who are fighting for their beliefs; they want to subjugate the citizens of those countries back into the same mindset they endured for decades. Shouldn't the citizens have the right to decide which way of life they want? Both countries have elections coming up. That's when they can voice their opinions just as we will in November.

And a fact you apparently are not aware of: most of the 9/11 highjackers were from Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan, although they trained at Al-Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan.

The Domino Theory does work pretty well, I have to admit. It worked very well when the Berlin Wall came down and all those communist countries, including the Soviet Union which ruled most of them, became free and democratic. We must be doing something right if other countries also want freedom of religion and speech.

One more question for you: What countries do we now own from any other conflict or war? This country is remarkable in the fact that after two world wars and other "conflicts" where we helped free millions of people from occupiers or oppressors, all we ever asked for was land to bury our dead. We did not take over governments and install our form of government, something we also are not doing in either Afghanistan or Iraq. We helped those countries form a government that their people could live with under their customs.

I'm guessing that you are the kind of person who believes that you have the "right" to health care, the "right" to an education, the "right" to have a salary that gives you the lifestyle you want to have. And you are entitled to that belief. I don't want the government taking money from me to give someone else healthcare, an education, or the lifestyle they think they want. I'll provide that for my family and I expect others to do the same. It's a system that worked for many years before Social Security was created and government started "taking care" of people. Prior to that time, families and communities took care of their people, not the Federal government. It was also prior to the time when people began to think the government "owed" them anything except the freedom to live and prosper.

I don't want the government telling me that it knows better than I do what I need. I believe that I should choose my doctors, where I get my medication or which hospital to go to when I need surgery. I believe that I should work to earn my education, so that my education is mine, and not provided by the government. I want to earn my own lifestyle. I believe that if I want or need something badly enough, I should earn the money for it, and not allow someone else to pay for it. When I get something from the government, it's because the money for it has been taken from another taxpayer. I believe that the money I earn should be mine to do with as I want. I want the government out of my life wherever possible.

If I'm a "brain washed happy-go-lucky idiot" I'm happy I am. And, I will be voting for GWB in November. And I hope all the other "brain washed happy-go-lucky idiots" will do the same.

Here is the full comment:

are you (bleep) kidding me? brain washed happy-go-lucky idiots like you are the reason for such widespread ignorance in the world today. it's plain to see that bush jr. is a war crazed, murdering, hating, women-belittling sob! ever heard of the domino threory? yeah, when those crazy communists were trying to spread their government and impose it on other contries when they had absolutely no businiss doing such. With dubya as our president we have become those communists. let me tell you a little something that may not have passed through your brain-washed mind before. Just because you like our form of government doesnt mean that it's the "right" government or the way that things "should be" Who are you to say the way things should be?! you have no right to force your customs onto foreign contries who have done nothing but mind their own bussiness (aka iraq) now don't get me wrong, i had no problem with going into afghanistan seeing as most of the people involved in 9/11 were from there. but how in the hell did this war suddenly shift into iraq, a country that has never even threatened to harm a hair on america's head?! i'll tell you how it shifted there! O-I-L! which = $ for bush. who the hell cares if he kills thousands of innocent iraqis. his wallet is getting fatter by the second. if you truely can say that you want someone with this mindset running our country then i respect your opinion, but for god's sake be informed.
#
posted by Anonymous : 9/8/2004 08:38:38 PM

All that being said, I hope you come back and visit again. You and your comments are welcome as long as you remember your manners.

No comments: