Wednesday, June 23, 2004

So proud!

Last week, I joined the Wictory Wednesday bloggers. When I wrote the post, I didn't know how to do the little trick where you just click on a word and it takes you to the site you are linking to. Well, I figured it out! I'm so proud of myself!

Because I Could

Those are the words of Bill Clinton to explain why he did some of the things he did. Like his affair with Monica. Isn't that the attitude of someone who is so selfish that they have no thought or regard for anyone else? Someone who is so self-absorbed that they can't see anything but their own wants and needs? Someone who is so self-absorbed that they think they can get away with anything? It's certainly not the attitude of someone who cares about their spouse and child. Not to mention how it might look in the eyes of the citizens he represents to the world or even the rest of the world. We're not talking about the average American whose actions matter only to those around him. We're talking about the leader of the greatest nation in the history of the world. Everything the President of this country does has the potential to wind up on the front page of every newspaper in the world and every news broadcast. Not to mention his actions being fodder for the comedians of the world.

And he's proud of being impeached? He wears it like a badge of honor? Did I miss something? I can't imagine being impeached and being proud of it. Can we say twisted values? Perjury is a felony, for crying out loud and he's proud of it? Sheeesh.

Would You Hire Him?

I was reading last week about how the governor of Massachusetts was asking Kerry to step down from his Senate post while he campaigns for the presidency. The reason? Kerry has missed a whole bunch of votes. I wish I had the links. If I find them again, I'll post them here.

When he doesn't vote in the Senate, how can he expect anyone to vote for him? I suppose that the Presidency is the highest office he can aspire to, so he won't decide in a few years that he wants to run for another office.

If I were a citizen of Massachusetts, I would feel that Kerry was stealing the pay he receives as a senator. When I vote for someone, I expect them to give their full attention to the duty of their office. What happens when someone neglects their job? Ultimately, they are fired.

We are in the process of interviewing candidates for a job - President. Do you want someone who doesn't do the job he is currently being paid to do? Do you want someone who is constantly belittling the company (America) you are a shareholder of? He doesn't see anything good in it. Why in the world would he want to be the Chairman of the Board of this company?

Me, I'd think twice about hiring this candidate.

No comments: