Saturday, May 08, 2004

Blogs For Bush

I am registered as an Independent. My political leanings are more and more Libertarian. I just wanted to make this clear before notating that I have added a link to Blogs for Bush to my sidebar. I've had a calendar counting down the days to the election that references Bush and Cheney. While I am now publicy supporting Bush and Cheney I want it understood tha I don't agree with everything they or the Repulican Party endorse or stand for.

As I write about the election and my opinions, I will try to be as honest as I can about both sides. But, I don't like Kerry; he scares the spit out of me. I won't call him names as other bloggers do; that's not my style. I will say that I think the man will say whatever he thinks the people he is currently addressing wants to hear. If that's different from the next group, or the last group, it doesn't seem to make a difference. It's who he's addressing at the time. His military service doesn't impress me. His Purple Hearts impress me even less. His were apparently awarded for minor scratches in an effort to get out of town. That diminishes the Purple Hearts awarded to those seriously wounded and those who died in the service of our country. He's been called out on lie after lie and apparently hasn't met one he doesn't like.

I don't begrudge him his money. I do begrudge the fact that he wants to take money from people who have worked hard for what they have and give it to people who don't want to work at all; people who think the government should take care of them and make the playing field even. My family didn't have a lot of money while I was growing up. I worked for my education and worked for my place in life. I resent that Democrats and liberals think that I should share my money to those who "didn't win life's lottery." Let them work for it like I did, my parents did, and just about everybody I know did. I made poor decisions in life; I learned from my mistakes and I'm not yet done paying for them. But I never thought taxpayers should support me.

I still believe this country is the greatest country in the world and anybody can be whatever they want to be if they want to work for it. The Democrats think you and I are too stupid to think for ourselves and too lazy to work for what we want. They want to keep us stupid and poor so we'll look to them to take care of us. I was raised to think for myself and earn my own way in life. If I can do it, so can anybody else.

I've said most of this before, so please read my previous posts. And, however you vote, please educate yourself about the man you plan to vote for. After all, he's going to influence your future for many years to come.

If you vote without educating yourself, you're proving the Democrats correct. You are too stupid and lazy to take care of yourself. God help you.

No comments: