Sunday, April 04, 2004

Spring forward, fall back

I hope everyone remembered to change their clocks Saturday night/Sunday morning. I printed a sign at work to remind everyone, but you know someone will either not have read the sign or forgot to change their clocks.

Spring Fever?

I know I haven't been blogging too much lately. Maybe it's spring fever, or maybe it's just me. I really haven't felt like blogging. As a matter of fact, I just haven't felt like much of anything lately. I think I've been experiencing a mild form of depression, but I don't know what I've been depressed about! Honestly I don't know. Life is good and the little bit that could be better isn't worth thinking about. Especially when I know how bad things could be.

Changes Of One Kind or Another

Dale had a skin graft a few weeks ago to close up a wound on his shin. It's not because of his diabetes, but rather a fall he took last September. It started out as a case of severe road rash, but finally ended up as a wound the size of a silver dollar all the way to the muscle sheath. Last week the doctor said the skin graft was about 90% healed, and at the appointment on Thursday, he wasn't sure it was going to take after all. I changed the dressing yesterday (Home Health nurses had been doing all the changes until this week) and thought it looked good. I'm not a doctor and I understand things can go south fast with diabetics, but I don't get this at all. He's obviously seeing something I can't see.

I was so glad not to be doing the dressing changes. I've been doing dressing changes on some part of his body for the better part of 5.5 years and I am tired of it. It's not that I don't want to do for him; I'm just tired of changing dressings! It was nice to have that month or so off and I was so looking forward to that wound healing. If that makes me sound selfish (it sounds that way to me), I'm sorry it sounds that way. I will change dressings as needed (or anything else that's needed) willingly and with love. But, I can still be tired of it!!

Still Going to the Dogs

The dog program at work is going great guns! We have currently have 11 dogs - three of which are visitors. BJ, Tracy, and Darcy will be leaving at varying intervals. BJ and Tracy are here for "finishing." I'm not quite sure what that means, but I'm just on the periphery of the program. Darcy was only staying for a week. BJ is thrilled to have Tracy here, but then he's the equililent of a teenage boy. And we all know what teenage boys are thinking about 99.9% of the time. Unfortunately, we have to keep a close eye on them because they are both breeder candidates, so neither have been fixed.

Annie is our newest resident. She's ten weeks old and the queen of the facility. Everyone is in love with Annie. My favorite, though, is Darcy. She's a lab, but has the brown and tan coloring of a Rottweiller. When I saw her, I knew she had to be an older sister to our Jerry. They have the same coloring and we already know that Jerry's daddy throws those colors in every litter he sires.

We're trying to get donations for the program. The Rotary came in yesterday to see what we're doing with the dog program. They are currently giving us about $45 worth of supplies every month. I can't tell you how much it's appreciated. When the department approved the dog program, they forgot to put it into the budget, so we've been scrambling to fund it. 11 dogs eat a lot of dog food every month. Not to mention the shampoo, towels, toothbrushes and paste (yes, they have a dental hygiene regiment), collars, leads, bowls, and toys. We have one youth (who shall remain nameless) who has some followers because of his crime. The followers have donated items and the staff also brings in supplies. It's all gratefully appreciated. If you should feel the need to donate, please either email me for more information, or use the PayPal button on the right. I promise, if you use that button, the money will be spent on the dogs.

My Dog Preference?

As much as I like Labs, I've developed an interest in Chihuahuas. Dale says if I bring a Chi home we'll be having Mexican for dinner. I'm not putting him to the test even though I know what a big softie he is when it comes to animals. On his part, he's been smart enough to know not to say that I can't have a Chi. He knows if he said that, I'd have one by the end of the week, if not by the end of the day. I can deal with "I'd rather you didn't" or "Please don't" or "I don't like small dogs". I don't do well with "Don't" or "No" unless there's a (good) reason behind it.

Bloggers

If you happen to be a blogger and like what I've written, please feel free to link to me. Just let me know so that I can reciprocate.

Readers In General

If you like what I write, please either email me at the email in the sidebar, or leave a comment in my guestbook. And, please, tell others about my blog.

If on the other hand, you don't like or agree with what I've written, please feel free to leave and not return. If you email me telling me what a blithering idiot I am, I might answer you. If you use abusive language, and I decide what's abusive, I will consign your email to the virtual circular file and won't bother to answer. You obviously don't have the intellect to debate and I won't fight an unarmed opponent.

No comments: