Saturday, May 14, 2011

Huckabee - Candidate or Not?

As I write this, I'm waiting to hear Governor Mike Huckabee's announcement as to whether he will run for the 2012 Republican nomination for President.

He's been very closed mouthed and has not talked to his staff, TV or personal. His 2008 campaign director has said he doesn't know.

He stated just a few minutes ago that the announcement would effect his Fox show. That tells me that he might be running and I'll go out on a limb and say he will, based on that statement.

Now, why would he be so closed-mouthed if he had decided not to run? No biggie to just say no.

And he just announced that he will not run.

He's doing what he feels is best - not necessarily for the nation, but for himself. And while I think he would make a great president, I have to admire his stand.

Maybe in 2016.

No comments: