Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A LETTER FROM A PROCTER & GAMBLE EXECUTIVE TO THE PRESIDENT
By Lou Pritchett, Procter & Gamble

(The last sentence is the most chilling)

Lou Pritchett is one of corporate America's true living legends - an acclaimed author, dynamic teacher and one of the world's highest rated speakers. Successful corporate executives everywhere recognize him as the foremost leader in change management. Lou changed the way America does business by creating an audacious concept that came to be known as "partnering." Pritchett rose from soap salesman to Vice-President, Sales and Customer Development for Procter and Gamble and over the course of 36 years, made corporate history.

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'windmills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaugh's, Hannitys, O'Reillys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

This letter was sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it. Big surprise. Since it hit the internet, however, it has had over 500,000 hits. Keep it going. All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.. It's happening right now.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I checked this out on snopes.com to find out whether Mr. Pritchett actually exists (sorry, I've never heard of him before this and I wanted to be sure of his existence as well as the truth of this email.) Here's the link.

Mr. Pritchett has hit on the points that disturb me. Aside from the political points he made, I'm actually more concerned with his past. We know very little of Mr. Obama's years before becoming a community organizer, then Senator, then President. So much could be brushed aside with some transparency (gee...where have we heard THAT before?) and honesty.

Just how does a young man from apparently modest beginnings afford an Ivy League education? How did he support himself and his lifestyle?

Just where was he born? I'm personally willing to believe Hawaii, but a legitimate birth certificate would silence the "birthers" who are calling for documentation. A letter from God won't silence some, but a proper birth documentation would go a long ways to silencing most.

Most times, I side with the people who say no one should have to prove too much about themselves, but we're talking about the President of the United States, the Leader of the Free World. Let's get real here. Until documentation is provided, there will be questions.

Wasn't one of Mr. Obama's big problems with Washington the lack of transparency? Sounds to me like it's business as usual in Washington. Some change, huh?

Until the facts are known, there is going to be rampant speculation. Mr. Obama, provide the documents and answers that are being asked for. When the public knows the truth, there will be fewer questions to be asked. Who was it who said, the truth shall set you free? In this case, it will shut up many of the people who question so much about you.

Honesty and transparency (remember that word?) will cure a world of ills.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Kitten here. I accidently deleted a comment but was able to get it from my email. So here it is.


Yeah, real scary to have a competent prez.

No military experience? You mean like 5 time deferment Dick Cheney? Or W who used his connections to get out of Vietnam?

He's an elitist! No, wait, he's a terrorist! No wait, he's a wuss! No wait, he's a thug engaging in Chicago-style politics!

What he is is a Constitutional Scholar, thoughtful, analytical, intelligent, COMPETENT, Black Man, and that scares the hell out you ignorant teabaggers.
Anonymous

There go the Bush/Cheney references. Two years into a new administration and Liberals can't let it go. Bush is in the past. Obama is the present and we have the future to look forward to.

As for the reference to "ignorant teabaggers". Another thing liberals can't do: have a debate without calling names. Good grief.