Sunday, July 05, 2009

Wouldn't You Know....

...No rain for weeks, now we have flood warnings. My little container garden is underwater for the second time. The plants that survived the first flooding probably won't make it through this one. Oh, well. Guess I'll have to replant. What with being in hurricane season, maybe it's not such a good idea to have a container garden. And I don't have enough room to plant in the ground - not to mention that the ground is all sand here. Can't even grow good grass. And scattered thunderstorms expected through the 10th. Guess the rainy season is here.

...I wrote about my recurrence of Plantar's Faciitis recently. My foot is much better after being strapped for the better part of a month. Usually didn't take that long to heal, but I let it go longer than I should have. Doctor recommended orthodics for my shoes. Then yesterday, I read that the podiatrists association admits that over the counter inserts (such as Dr Scholl's arch supports, etc) work just as well. Not two weeks after I paid over $200. Oh, well. I'll put the orthodics in the shoes I wear for work, and the OTC inserts in the shoes I wear for shorter periods of time, or when not walking as much.

...Just when I decide to grab some overtime, they change the way it's charged out. As it stands now, I can only get time and a half two days during the pay period, meaning to work o/t, I have to work seven straight days. Not gonna happen. And they wonder why they can't get any of us to work o/t.

No comments: