Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stormy Weather

Maybe not stormy, but it's been coming down pretty steady all day. The temperature is nice and has me wanting to do stuff around the house.


Laundry is in the washer, eggs are boiling on the stove for work tomorrow, I'm burning a book to CD (legally purchased and downloaded), I cleaned out duplicate music files last night on both my computer and MP3 player.


I have two days to work and then I'm on staycation! Yeah, I'm staying home. Money is the main reason, but the other is that I really have nowhere I want to go where I can take my dogs. The cats would be fine for a couple of days, but dogs need attention. My dogs are my kids, and I not only want my dogs with me, I really need them. I need to be needed right now; I'm in sort of a "needy" frame of mind. And then, I don't like to travel by myself. That's something I'm going to be working on. When I retire, I'd really like to do a little traveling. Not what my husband and I planned, but now that he's gone, a lot of things changed. Travel was just one of the things. And, I'm okay with that. Things change because life happens. Like I said, I'll be working on traveling by myself, but maybe by the time I retire, there will be someone I can travel with. If not, that's okay. Only time will tell.


I not only have the dogs, but I need to do things around the house. That's my other reason for not going away. There are things that must be done. So, it's a staycation for me.

No comments: