Monday, August 04, 2008

Future Taxes: McCain vs. Obama?

I received a comment from an anonymous poster (Thanks!) providing a link that this was mostly, if not completely false. I planned to follow up and do some fact checking myself, but Anonymous beat me to it. Be sure to check out the link for yourself.

I may not be an Obama fan, but I also will not allow a post to remain that is factually incorrect without so stating. Since this post been proven to be false, I have removed it. I don't want someone coming along, seeing it, and deciding to use it for whatever reason. I also don't want anyone pointing fingers at me stating that I knowing will post false, inaccurate information. I am leaving my thoughts about the "information" in the post as I believe it is germain to conversation about the economy, and taxes, in general.

(deleted text)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Is any of the above true? I don't know; I haven't done my homework yet. But from what I have heard already, I'm willing to believe it. We know that Democrats believe that the only way to increase Federal revenue is to raise taxes while it's been proven that lowering taxes puts more money in the pockets of the citizenry so that they can....what?.....spend!

It's funny, but when I have money I spend it, it doesn't get put into a mason jar and buried in the back yard. Even when I put money in a saving account, it goes back into the economy, it's not left in a bank vault with a sticky note with my name on it.

My money goes to pay bills, buy food, pay the mortgage, and insurance. When I have more money than bills, it's known as "disposable" and I spend it on fixing, improving and upgrading my house, getting my nails done, or buying clothes, or whatever I see fit to buy. I want to put a CD player in my car, upgrade the TV's in my house, and buy new living room furniture. That will come from disposable income.

If I pay more in taxes, I won't have the money to buy things that "generate revenue" through taxes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The e-mail is all false. See here:
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/would_obama_tax_my_profits_if_i.html
and here:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/taxes.asp