Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm Rich!!

After more than 30 years of working for a living, I find out I'm rich!

According to the Democratic controlled Congress, if you make more than $31,000 a year, you're rich too! And we can expect to be taxed like Bill Gates!

The Democratic Congress apparently voted to not extend the Bush tax cuts after 2010. I didn't get much of a tax cut, I admit, so extending or not the cuts isn't going to effect me much. And, I'm probably in another tax bracket than Bill Gates, so I won't be taxed like him, but make no mistake about it, the Democrats want to take money from you and give it to someone else. Usually to someone who didn't win "life's lottery". Your taxes are going up and don't kid yourself. You think gas prices are high now? Wait until the increase the federal taxes on gas.

Hey, come to thing of it, maybe that's me too, because I've had to work for everything I've gotten all my life. I didn't get a big inheritance when my parents passed away, and didn't get anything when my husband died. I have a high school education, plus some college, and a lifetime of "school of hard knocks" education.

And those who didn't win "life's lottery"? For the most part, they sit on they hind ends moaning and groaning because they don't have the things that other people have. People who went out and got the education or training to get the job or got the jobs and worked hard all their lives to make a living for themselves and their families.

Do you realize that most "poor" people in the US have a higher level of living than most middle class Europeans? Sorry, put in my opinion, anyone who is poor in this country either want to be poor, or are too damn lazy to work to improve their lifestyle. And yes, there are exceptions to every rule so don't tell me I'm being hard on the young single mother who wants to stay home and take care of her kids, or can't find daycare so she can work or doesn't have the skills to find a job. Quite frankly, if she had stayed in school and kept her knees closed, or learned how to say and mean "NO!", she wouldn't be in the situation she's in. Do I feel badly for her? Sure, but not to the point where I want to subsidize her and her kids lives. Send her to school so she can get her GED and get a job? Sure. Get her training so she can get a job? Absolutely. But pay her to stay home until her youngest has graduated from high school or is in jail? No, that should not be the taxpayers responsibility.
Let's not forget about the boys. Obama, David Patterson, Denzel Washington and thousands of others have proven that any young man can improve his lot in life if he wants to. Are you Hispanic? Same thing: too many have proven anyone can live a good life if they want to work for it. In any industry you can name.
Hillary says it takes a village to raise a child. If the village includes teachers, and doctors, and religious leaders, and people who are just leaders, then yes, she's right. But, it takes a parent to raise a child. Someone to instill values and responsibility in the child, not someone who expects the Sunday School teacher, or the school teacher, or the parent down the street to do it.
If a child is raised to be responsible that child won't expect your taxes to be raised so he or she can live off the government dole. Thought I got away from taxes, didn't you?

No comments: